Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Call for Artists
Deadline: October 30, 2009
The Green Show
The upcoming "Green Show" exhibit will cover all aspects of environmentalism. The Green Show will give artists the opportunity to express visually what it means to "Live Green." Specific artwork can either express the consequences of our unconscious actions toward the planet, or it can express ideas and positive solutions that address the problem. The goal is to educate the public and provide ideas and solutions for sustainable living. The exhibit is open to artists working in all media. The entry fee is $25. Each artist may submit up to 3 works for consideration. The show dates are January 15 - February 22, 2010. The opening is planned for Saturday, January 23. Please contact Nancy Paton, the Exhibit Curator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for an entry form and further details. Voice messages can be left at 734-223-3694.
Posted by ArtServe Michigan at 1:18 PM
Monday, July 27, 2009
Deadline: August 31, 2009
20UNDER40 is an initiative to engage new leaders in the arts field by compiling an anthology of 20 essays about the future of the arts and arts education, with the goal of addressing the impending generational shift in leadership. Twenty essays will be selected for final publication. Successful chapter proposals will identify a problem within the field and pose a solution; highlight a need and articulate a new vision; and/or debunk an accepted theory or practice and posit a new one.
For more information please visit www.20under40.org
Posted by ArtServe Michigan at 11:21 AM
Thursday, July 23, 2009
"The creative industry can be part of Michigan's resurgence. It's the stuff that makes us unique, the stuff that feeds the soul and invigorates communities across the state." -- Governor Jennifer M. Granholm, November 2007
Fast forward to her position today in 2009:
* Gov. Granholm recommmends zeroing-out grant funding through MCACA (Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs) for all arts and cultural programs and operations statewide.
* Gov. Granholm advances on her recommendation by closing the MI Dept. of History, Arts & Libraries and scattering the components of HAL across various departments of state government.
Read Gov. Granholm's Executive Order #2009-36 which closes HAL by clicking here: http://tinyurl.com/kj7rpf
Posted by ArtServe Michigan at 2:45 PM
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Who: Open to the public
What: Senate to Hold Hearing on Keeping HAL Components Together
When: Wednesday 7/15/09 at 9AM
Where: Room 100 of the Farnum Building, 125 W. Allegan, Lansing, MI 48933
Why: Governor's recent Executive Order to close the Dept. of History, Arts & Libraries (HAL)
Posted by ArtServe Michigan at 3:03 PM
Friday, July 10, 2009
Please click here if you wish to view the entire list of grantees: ARRA Grants by County
If you received a grant from the MCACA through the ARRA you will receive a letter containing further information sometime next week.
In the mean time please feel free to call the council offices at 517-241-4011.
As always, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to reply to contact Mike Latvis at email@example.com or 248-379-5897.
Posted by ArtServe Michigan at 3:29 PM
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
- Artrain, Inc. - Ann Arbor, MI
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra Hall - Detroit, MI
- Flint Institute of Arts - Flint, MI
- Great Lakes Chamber Music Festival Operating Corporation - Southfield, MI
- Irving S. Gilmore International Keyboard Festival - Kalamazoo, MI
- Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra - Kalamazoo, MI
- Kerrytown Concert House, Inc. - Ann Arbor, MI
- Michigan State University - East Lansing, MI
- Mosaic Youth Theater of Detroit - Detroit, MI
- University of Detroit Mercy - Detroit, MI
Posted by ArtServe Michigan at 7:53 AM